Online Supervisory Management Skills Training – 11th & 18th June – €100
In conjunction with Positive2Work Skillnet, our 2-day training programme in Supervisory Management Skills will be delivered online over two days over 2 consecutive weeks. A copy of the programme is available here.
The programme is tailored towards supervisors and managers employed in the contract cleaning industry – this can be directly within service provision, or within associated services. The training is suitable for anyone that leads a team or is involved in a management role. It is also useful for those that are about to embark on a position of team leader, supervisor or manager or just need to develop their management skills.
Applicants must be able to commit to attending training over two full days. The trainer will accommodate non-native english speakers but applicants should be able to reasonably understand, and speak the language.
Spaces are restricted to twelve places per programme. This is to afford participants time to process, and apply, the course content and skills learned. Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion on conclusion of the course.
To book your place, please contact Mark Brennan by email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme presents a series of topics that cover areas specific to the contract cleaning industry including:
- Motivation, Qualities of an effective Leader; Your role as a manager/supervisor.
- Developing Team Goals; Team Briefing; Dealing with difficult team members; Communication skills – getting the message across; Motivation.
- Managing Time, Managing Change, Managing up as well as down. Why resilience is important. Developing emotional intelligence.
- Three skills of coaching, Instant results coaching.
- Managing performance and under-performance. Key performance management skills.
On completion of the programme, participants will be able to
- Explain the difference between a leader and a manager and understand the qualities of an effective leader
- Develop team goals based on the business vision
- Motivate staff by understanding their drivers and developing actions to support them
- Deal with difficult staff members
- Manage time effectively
- Manage change effectively
- Manage clients as well as staff effectively
- Challenge staff in a meaningful and effective way
- Define resilience and explain its importance
- Develop key emotional intelligence skills
- Coach staff effectively using a simple process
- Effectively delegate tasks to staff members
- Describe the importance of the line managers role in managing performance on a day to day basis
- Demonstrate key performance management skills when giving feedback
- Manage underperformance
- Describe the various communication skills and how to effectively get your message across
- Effectively deliver a team briefing to staff members
The programme will be delivered by Charlie Mernagh of 2UpSkill. Charlie has many years’ experience in a management, training, coaching role and of the contract cleaning sector. He holds a Certificate in Training & Education – NUI; Certificate in Facilitation Skills and a Diploma in Sales Coaching.
The cost to attend this programme is kindly subsided by Positive2Work Skillnet @ €50 per day (€100 total per person).
Download a brochure here. For further information, please contact: