Whilst there are no confirmed cases of Coronvirus (2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), also known as the ‘Wuhan coronavirus’) – as providers of contract cleaning services, Members want to ensure that the latest best practices in cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection are applied.
There are a number of resources available offering professional advice to understanding risk, impact and how to prepare against infections.
- Diversey have prepared a leaflet and presentation and webinar for Members
- The ISSA/Cleaning Management Institute has issued guidance on Prevention and Control for the Cleaning Industry
The simplest measures are to follow basic procedures to prevent spread:
- Stay home if you are feeling flu
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing – with a tissue, not with your hand
- Keep your hands clean with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Avoid contact with those who are showing potential symptoms
- Keep surfaces clean and disinfected – e,g, door handles, lift buttons, handrails etc